Designation: Assistant Lecturer
|MSc. Land Management||Royal, Institute of Technology, Sweden (KTH)||2008|
|BSc. in Surveying||University of Nairobi||2005|
|Member Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK)||Nairobi, Kenya||2008|
Areas of Expertise
- Topographical mapping
- Cadastral surveying and land law
- Land management
- Gender mainstreaming
- 2011 – To Date: Assistant lecturer, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology.
- 2009 – 2011: Lecturer, Kenya Institute of Survey and Mapping.
- 2006 – 2009: Land surveyor I and II., Ministry of Lands, Department of Survey (S.O.K)
- Aug 2005 – Dec 2005: Assistant Surveyor, Ardhi surveys
- Aug 2003 – Oct 2006: Industrial Attachment, Kenya Power and Lightning Company (KPLC).
- Jan 1998 – June 1999: Clerk, David Njiru and Company.
Other University and National Responsibilities
- November 2011 – 2020: Director of Gender, Disability and Equity Affairs Office, DeKUT.
- March 2019 – To Date: Board of Management member at christ the King, Kirwara High School, Gatanga, Muranga County.
- March 2012 – To Date: Board of Management member at St. Mary’s Rwegetha Secondary School, Gatanga, Muranga County.
- Jan 2013 -To Date: Mentor, Mabae primary school.
- Nov 2011 – 2022: Gender Mainstreaming Committee, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology-chairing.
- June 2014 – Dec 2015: Tender Committee Member, DeKUT.
- Jan 2015 – April 2016: Chair, Seating arrangement, Decorations, and Ushering Graduation Senate Sub- committee, DeKUT.
- Jan 2016 – To Date: Matron and mentor, DeKUT empowered student mothers: involved in launching the club and student welfare needs assessment.
- 7th Feb 2016: Commissioned as a Deacon of Deliverance Church INT’l Kenyatta Road.
- Nov 2015 – Dec 2021: Sunday school superintendent, Deliverance Church International, KRD. And Women ministry treasurer.
- Wanjiku. J., Gikwa.C., Wandia. M. (2013). Evaluation of the process of land registration according to registration of Titles Act in Kenya, JASETD Vol.1 No.1., Pgs. 47-55, 15 July 2013.
- Kuria, D.N., Ngigi, M. M., Wanjiku, J.W. and Kasumuni R.K.(2011) Managing distribution of national examinations using geospatial technologies: a case study of Pumwani central divisions; International journal of Computer Engineering research. 2(5), pg 82-92. http:/www.academicjournals.org/IJCER .
Awards, Scholarships and Recognitions
- 5th September, 1997: Certificate of excellence, outstanding performance in the Mathematics contest ITEN mathematics contest.
- 24th May, 1997: Certificate of Merit, position 2, Central Province Secondary Schools student congress on science and technology.
- 27th June, 1997: Certificate of Participation exhibit, ministry of education and national students’ congress on science and technology committee.
- 21st march, 1998: Certificate of achievement, 1st position, Best K.C.S.E results, Maryhill Girls high school.
- December 2014: Extemporary performance in Community Service Award, DeKUT.
Other Academic and Professional Achievements
- 26th November 2022: 3 months course Global Leadership Master class program held at BTL ruriru
- 14th – 16th September 2022: online GIZ SME training &facilitation Skills by Intergration International Management Consultants
- 8th – 9th September 2022: Online GIZ SME Ecosystem strengthening Curriculum Development essentials course by Integration International Management Consultants
- 12th – 14th march 2018: Training on gender Based violence Prevention and Response held at Dedan Kimathi University of Technology.
- 2016/2017 academic year: Pedagogy workshop Modules I-III held at Dedan Kimathi University of technology conservancy training center in the 2016/2017
- 12th September 2014: 2 weeks course on African reference Frame (AFREF) and GNSS Data processing course held at RCMRD
- 24th August 2009 – 4th Sept 2009: Regional Center for mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD): Attended training course on AFREF and GNSS survey.
- 26th August 2013- 30th August 2013: Association of common wealth Universities.-international conference and trainers’ workshop on Enhancing Gender Equity in the leadership and management of Higher Education.
- 16th -20th January 2006: Inhouse induction seminar for newly Recruited Land Surveyors held at KISM Ruaraka.
Membership to Professional Bodies
- Member of Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK)