Designation: Assistant Lecturer
|PhD(Earth Science)||Eötvös Loránd University||Ongoing|
|MSc(GIS)||University of Nairobi||2013|
|BSc. Civil Engineering||University of Nairobi||2007|
- November 2015 – To Date: Assistant Lecturer, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Nyeri. Kenya
- May 2011 – February 2016: Land Surveyor, Ministry of Lands, Survey Headquarters, Kenya
- December 2008 – May 2011: Asst Surveyor, Sinohydro Corporation. Sangoro Power Plant, Sondu Miriu.
- February 2008 – July 2008: Survey technician. Ramani Geosystems.
- February 2008 – July 2008: Survey technician. Mapping of Towns in Kenya; Client: Central Bureau of Statistics. Ramani Communications Ltd., Wilson Airport, Kenya
- July 2007 – February 2008: Surveyor, Kalipataru-Polyphase Consortium Ltd, in the Rural Electrification project, KPLC project-114km power line, Central Province, Kenya.
Other University and National Responsibilities
- Examination Coordinator April 2016 to September 2018
i) Books and Book Chapters
- Nyangweso D. O. and Gede, M. “Integration of Toponyms Mobile data Collection in PostgreSQL Database (A mobile application for toponyms of Kenya, Django REST API open source Integration of Toponyms Mobile data Collection in PostgreSQL Database,” in AZ ELMÉLET ÉS A GYAKORLAT TALÁLKOZÁSA A TÉRINFORMATIKÁBAN X. THEORY MEETS PRACTICE IN GIS, 1st ed., Dr. T. C. A. Dr. Négyesi Gábor and Dr. T. Z. Krisztián, Eds. Debrecen, 2019, pp. 225–232. [Online]. Available: http://geogis.detek.unideb.hu/TKonferencia/2014/Konferenciakotet_2014.pdf
ii) Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Cartographic Generalization in Multi scale environment, Case study of Lamu county, International Journal of Research and Science, Sep 2016.
An open-source framework for publishing geographical names – A case study of Kenya Nyangweso Daniel, Mátyás Gede, Doi: 10.30921/GK.73.2021.2 .4. Geodézia és Kartográfia, 2021 / 2 (73. évf.), pp 25-30
- Citizen Science characterisation of meanings of toponyms of Kenya: A shared heritage, Doi: 10.1007/s10708-022-10640-5. GeoJournal, 2022.
Performance Evaluation of Land Administration System (LAS) of Nairobi Metropolitan Area, Kenya. Daniel Orongo Nyangweso and Mátyás Gede https://doi.org/10.3390/land11020203, 2022. Land 2022, 11(2), 203
iii) Publications in conference proceedings
- Nyangweso D. O and Gede, M. “Toponyms Mobile APK for volunteered geographic information,” 2018 GeoMundus conference, Proceeding in Lisbon 2018. [Online]. Available: https://geomundus.org/2018/docs/papers/Danniel.pdf
Papers presented in Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- Nyangweso D. O. and Gede, M., 2021. Evaluation of volunteer schema attributes using GIS; Case of Nairobi Metropolitan area, Kenya. Proceeding in Debrecen, 2021. [Online]. Available: https://publicatio.bibl.u-szeged.hu/23328/1/GIS_Konf_kotet_2021-cimlap-tartalom.pdf
- Nyangweso D. O. and Gede, M., 2021. Evaluation of cadastral boundaries influences on place names A case study of Nairobi and environs in Kenya, in Proceedings in Istanbul of the 150th – International Geographical Congress, Istanbul. Turkey [Online]. Available: https://igc2021.org/files/downloads/IGC_2021_Congress_Abstract_Book.pdf
- Nyangweso D. O. and Gede, M., 2021. Use of toponym ontologies in web gazetteer entities, in Proceedings of the International Congress of Onomastic Sciences, Kraków, Poland. [Online]. Available: https://icos2020.ijp.pan.pl/abstracts
- Nyangweso D. O. and Gede, M., 2021. Characterising links of toponyms and their role in social protection, 53-58, Leece, Italy. Doi: 10.1285/i26121581n3p53. [Online]. Available: http://siba-ese.unisalento.it/index.php/placetelling/article/download/24645/20444
Awards, Scholarship and Recognitions
- Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship August 2018 study scholarship.
- Geomundus travel grant December 2018 – Travel grant.
- International Association of Cartography September 2022- Travel grant.
a) Ongoing/Completed Researches
- Gazetteeer and Onomatics
- Geoinfomatics applications in Land management and administration
Affiliation/Membership to Professional Bodies
- Full Member Institution of Surveyors of Kenya