The PhD in Geomatics and Geospatial information Science is designed to produce professionals with skills in research, innovation, teaching and policy. The programme will equip students with skills in clearly defining problems and then applying their knowledge to provide novel solutions. This is in line with the DeKUT’s Vision and Mission whose emphasizes is on research, innovation and technology transfer for national development.
The program targets graduate who have a master’s qualification in geomatics and geospatial information science including its areas of specializations. This philosophy is incorporated in all aspects of the programme, from course design and teaching as well in the research activities conducted by our institute.
Goal of the Programme
The goal of the Doctor of Philosophy Programme in Geomatics and Geospatial Information Science is to produce a professional who has skills in research, analytics, innovation and knowledge creation in geomatics and geospatial information science, geospatial technologies and related applications, and develop novel solutions to address environmental and societal problems.
At the end of the programme, the graduate in PhD in Geomatics and Geospatial Information Science is expected to have acquired new knowledge, skills and attitude as outlined below:
- To create and effectively disseminate knowledge in geomatics and geospatial information science and skills and its related disciplines.
- Apply geomatics and geospatial information science in solving developmental challenges.
- To write technical reports and communicate research findings.
- Undertake problem identification, engage in multi-disciplinary research activities and develop novel solutions.
- Formulate, participate in, and implement policies to address national and global issues
- A holder of Master of Science Degree in Geospatial Information Systems and Remote Sensing or its equivalent of DeKUT
- A holder of at least a Master’s degree in a relevant field, from DeKUT or any other institution recognized by the University Senate as being of equivalent academic status
- Any other qualification deemed to be equivalent to (i) and (ii) above and recognized by DeKUT Senate as being of equivalent academic status
Mode of Study:
1st Year – Course Work – Full Time
2nd and 3rd Year – Research
Duration: 3 years